Wednesday 21 September 2011

Meal for 3!

Jamie Oliver's 30-minute meals: Piri Piri chicken, rocket salad and dressed potatoes. 
Team effort by Madz, H and I :D



To Peri or Not to Peri?









Me and my two sisters were hungry and I just so happened to have a random photo copy of Jamie's recipe. I found his style of writing= jumping in and out of different dishes slightly perplexing at first, I didn't want to make the Portuguese tarts which he includes alongside the recipe for the chicken and so I found myself skim-reading a lot of it. 

When I think of peri peri chicken all I see is a huge nandos sign in my head, it's just become a common association to me. Well, Jamie's meal definitely got a thumbs up from us, although we didn't prep in advance so it didn't take us "30 minutes". 


It wasn't like the Nando's experience but it certainly had a kick to it and the salad and scrumptious sweet potatoes with feta was a perfect side to the chicken which had this juicy sauce/marinade. The chargrilled peppers and salad gave a fresh lemony taste and the rocket gave a certain crispness. Essentially, you cook the chicken twice but it really isn't as straining as it sounds. It's also an easy party dish, lot's of chicken and if you have a little extra time the prep doesn't need to be done in advance. 


Give it a go! It's worth it ;) I found it extremelllyyy satisfying. But of course, I did leave room for the cake I made! 







Recipe; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-1312958/Jamie-Olivers-30-minute-meals-Piri-Piri-chicken-rocket-salad-dressed-potatoes-quick-Portuguese-tarts.html#ixzz1YZn7PI3c

No comments:

Post a Comment