Tuesday 5 October 2010

Have A Porridge Hug

I really like the idea of warm honey porridge on a cold, wintery morning. This morning I woke up to grey skies married with rain. So I decided I'd drizzle honey into my porridge with 5 or 6 whole almonds and randomly got 2 small squares of white chocolate which melted with the heat. The white chocolate was extremely subtle and the honey gave a warm flavour. Last time I had porridge I added a pinch of cinnamon and it was most definitely earthy and wholesome. Part of me wanted to reach for the salmon and toasted bread as I usually do but this time I wanted that huggable mix of ingredients that feel like they've lined my stomach with soft wool. That's what is so versatile about cooking, you make it your own. Whether it's breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert you are able to experiment with different tastes and scents. Winter's coming and I think I'm going to be having many porridge hugs in the weeks to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment