Tuesday 12 October 2010

Zouk-Manchester

Have a gander!
A little flower pot of hand-cut potato chips

The wooden chopping board with the little bunch of chips blossoming in the flower pot just infront of the carving knife. Accompanied with a baby saucepan of garlic and butter- a carnivore's dream.

Raspberry Mojito with mint and crushed ice- J'adore!
Having a cold and sore throat has it's benefits- you remember what it's like to have good health and are 10x's more appreciative for it when things normalise. Although, it does tend to make those who are slightly ill want more flavoured foods...

Speaking of flavours, I visited a restaraunt called 'zouk' the other day in Manchester and the food was of such good quality with beautiful presentation (but the waiters were a bit slow). I had to spend 20minutes trying to get them to 'surprise' my friend with a sparkler in a cute little chocolate cake slice. He had me winking, shaking my hands, tilting my head and widening my eyes...with the pathetic intention of being discreet. He was too busy running round to notice half of my epileptic motions but thank God he got there in the end.

Zouk has a mocktail bar in the entrance where those who don't drink could get the fruit/crushed ice equivalent. I got a raspberry mojito and it was so refreshing. The mint wasn't overwhelming but gave it enough 'pazzaz'-a real eye-opener. I also ordered steak with vegetables and hand-cut chips...I LOVED it! The steak was juicy and well-done, no raw/ blood for me thanks! I fail to understand why ANYONE who had a choice would order food in a restaraunt with red blood oozing out of it.  Why don't you slice your finger and suck the blood 'edward cullen' style if you fancy red juice? No thank you, not for me. Anyway, less of the rant, it had a a handful of vegetables that were just enough and I was stuffed for the whole night. I didn't have any regrets though. You know sometimes if you over-eat at someone's dinner or a restaraunt you feel like whyyyy? Well, I can proudly say I never get 'arghh im stuffed feeling' because I get it packed and then finish it off at home ;o) One step @ a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment