Friday 24 September 2010

Hand Made Chocolate Cups With Mascarpone!

I've never done this before...never made chocolate cups the size of a petit four case. I'll be so disappointed if they don't work. You basically get little petit four cases and paint the inside of them with melted plain chocolate, place them upside down on baking paper and then wait for them to set. HOW LONG! I don't know?! 
It's definitely something different to try. I love little things to serve and to gift in pretty little boxes, or hand decorated boxes. It shows you took the time and effort, time being something everybody lacks these days, even those on benefits! Part of me goes into everything I make, I cried when my cake sponge broke from the corner a few weeks back. Some may think it was a pathetic over exaggeration, maybe then I would have agreed. But now I realise, NO! I'm taking a stand for 'emotional baking'. You take precision and you combine it with love and TLC. You want it to look beautiful and taste amazing, unforgettable. You smile when they (the eaters/the guests) say "mmmm". Suddenly you feel this huge sense of achievement, like somebodys going to come out with a red book at the end and say 'This is your life' after each baking session.  

-The Cases-
Now coated in chocolate ^

Let's pray I can scrape atleast one case so I can show a final image of what they turned out like, along with the recipe ^.^ yayy! I guess I shouldn't be getting excited too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment